UCI Irvine Announces Annual Health Care Forecast Conference Dates
Officials at the UCI Paul Merage School of Business have announced dates for the upcoming 26th annual Health Care Forecast Conference, taking place February 23 and 24 at the Arnold and Mabel Beckman Center of the National Academies of Sciences & Engineering.
This year’s Health Care Forecast Conference will be titled “Health Politics and Policies Under a New President” and will include presentations on “politics and policies underway amidst the ongoing challenges and continued debate in Congress over the Affordable Care Act.”
Key speakers at the event include:
- Senior policy advisor on Health for Minority House Leader Nancy Pelosi
- Television commentator and American Enterprise Institute resident scholar Norm Ornstein, Ph.D.
- James E. Glassman, Ph.D., senior economist and managing director for JP Morgan Chase & Co, who will provide a U.S. economic forecast.
- Joseph R. Antos, Ph.D., Wilson H. Taylor Scholar, American Enterprise Institute; Wendell Primus, Ph.D.; Dean A. Rosen, JD, a partner at Mehlman Castagnetti Rosen Bingel &Thomas; and, Meena Seshamani, MD, Ph.D., former director of the Office of Health Reform at the Department of Health and Human Services.
- A panel discussing the California state budget and the outlook on health care will include: Margaret Tatar, managing principal for Health Management Associates; Lance Lang, MD, chief medical officer for Covered California, Dan Walters, a reporter with the Sacramento Bee, and David Fields, executive vice president for Blue Shield.
The school’s synopsis on the event reads:
The Health Care Forecast Conference is a leading national forum for discussion amongst government and business leaders, and academics on the economic and political issues that influence the health care industry. Attendees include physicians and other health care professionals; presidents, CEOs, trustees and senior management from provider and insurer organizations; senior executives in pharmaceutical, medical device and other health care organizations who define strategy and policy; employers and government officials who define and implement health policy.
The Arnold and Mabel Beckman Center of the National Academies of Sciences & Engineering is located at 100 Academy Drive, Irvine, CA 92617. Tickets information for the event can be found here.