Menu 

Marshall School of Business – USC

USC Marshall Global Executive MBA Program Structure

The USC Marshall School Global Executive MBA consists of 13 sessions, most from Thursday to Monday, about once every six weeks. Students study in several centers of global business. While most sessions are hosted in Shanghai, the program also takes students to Los Angeles twice, and also to an ex-China Asia business center. There is one intake per year, and classes begin in May and are completed within 20 months.

Curriculum

The USC Marshall School Global Executive MBA comprise of 60 units leading to USC Marshall MBA degree, is an integrated, theme based curriculum broken into 10 themes. Theme 1 provides introductory analysis of the issues and opportunities facing top business leaders. Academic disciplines include: leadership, organizational behavior and change, macroeconomics, marketing.

Theme 2 provides an in-depth analysis of how external stakeholders evaluate the performance of enterprises, and what business leaders can do to enhance the evaluations. Academic disciplines: corporate finance, public accounting, statistics.

During the third theme, Global Executive MBA students gain experience with the following academic disciplines: managerial accounting and finance, marketing strategy, negotiation.

Theme 4 covers Operations and Information Systems management; theme 5 Corporate Strategy and Marketing for the Future; and theme 6 Establishing Global Competitive Advantage. Themes 7- 10 include: Global Perspectives from the Front Lines, Strategic Planning for Growth, and The Global Leader of the Future.

Class Profile

The typical USC Marshall School Global Executive MBA class is between 60% and 70% live and work in the Shanghai metropolitan region; the remaining 20-to-30% fly in from in other cities in East Asia, as well as from the west coast of North America. Students in the program have an average of 16 years of work experience. The average age of matriculating students is 38.

Careers

Global Executive MBA career services is tuned to the unique needs of its mid-career participants. A dedicated career development counselor with international executive placement experience provides an individualized career development plan for mid-career professionals. Extensive career planning along with resume preparation, interview training, career management training workshops and on campus recruiting and interviews are some of the key initiatives of the career development counselor.

In addition to USC Marshall School of Business’s professionally managed Keenan MBA Career Resource Center, the Global Executive MBA program has its own dedicated career development advisor whose background includes placement search with several multinational companies.

Tuition & Financial Aid

The tuition for USC Marshall School Global Executive MBA class 2018 is $103,000, which covers: Program tuition, plus course materials, most meals during the class sessions; lodging and ground transportation for our three overseas trips; lodging and all meals for the Theme 1 kick-off theme at a five-star hotel in the suburbs of Shanghai.

Air transportation is not covered, nor is lodging in Shanghai for those who require it.

The Global Executive MBA does not provide scholarships, but we know of a few loan options: U.S. federal Stafford loans, which offer favorable interest rates and origination fees but are available only for U.S. citizens. Private student loans are available from numerous lending institutions in many countries.

Admission Requirements

The USC Marshall School Global Executive MBA requires ten years’ full-time working experience, at least six of which in a managerial role; a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution; an ability to participate dynamically in a 100% English-language learning environment.

To apply to the USC Marshall GEMBA program, applicants must submit a completed application form, all college transcripts from degree-granting and non-degree-granting institutions, a current résumé, two letters of recommendation, and one passport sized photo. The school also requires applicants to complete two essays of 500 words each: one essay about their leadership experiences and goals. Applicants may also submit an optional essay for any additional information you wish to convey to the Admissions Committee. Applicants must send in a $150 application fee. Interviews are conducted by invitation only at the discretion of the Admissions Committee. On campus interviewing is preferred. An admissions interview is conducted with every qualified candidate who submits the online application.

Application Deadlines

USC Marshall accepts applications on a rolling basis for the GEMBA Program.