Effective February 28, 2017
Welcome to Clear Admit (“Clear Admit,” “we,” “us” or “our”). Clear Admit provides MBA admissions advice, community input, and digital content to candidates seeking admission to top-rated MBA programs (collectively, the “Services”) through Clear Admit websites (including the website located at URL http://www.metromba.com), applications and mobile platforms (collectively, the “Platforms”).
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you provide to us directly:
The following is the information that you may provide to us directly in connection with your access to and use of the Services and the Platforms:
- Your name, email address, username, password, city, state, the gender with which you identify and the racial/ethnic group with which you identify are required to register for an account for the Clear Admit Services (the “Required Registration Information”). During the registration process you also have the option to provide your phone number, zip code and country, whether you served in any branch of the U.S. military, whether you have already taken the GMAT or GRE, when you plan to take the GMAT or GRE, when you plan to apply to graduate school, the types of MBA programs you are considering, your target schools, your post-MBA target career(s), your post-MBA target companie(s), your annual income, your number of years of full-time work experience, your plans to fund your graduate school studies, and how you were first made aware of Clear Admit (the “Optional Registration Information,” and collectively with the Required Registration Information, the “Registration Information”).
- User Content that you post to the Services.
- Communications between you and Clear Admit. For example, we may send you Services-related emails (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features and functionality of the Services, and technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Services-related emails.
- If you wish to make changes to your Registration Information, you may do so using the My Account tab on the home page of the Clear Admit website.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services. These tools collect information sent by your system or device in connection with your access to and use of the Services and the Platforms, including the web pages you visit, the interactive features you use, and other information that assists us in improving the Services and the Platforms. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access or use a web page or application. It can also be provided when the content of the web page or application is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you access or use the Services, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring /exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other similar information. We may also collect information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services and Platforms and for our other business purposes.
- When you use a mobile device such as a phone or tablet to access or use the Services or the Platforms, we may access, collect, monitor or store your mobile device, or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identifies your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data which we send to the device.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third-party partner about how you browse and use the Services and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and advertisements. Some features or functionality of the Services may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is disabled or otherwise impaired.
- Metadata is typically technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, metadata can describe how, when and by whom certain User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- In the future, we may add functionality by which Users can add or may have metadata added to their User Content, including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post media which may include a photo or video), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo or video), comments or other data. This would make your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- register you on the Services and manage your User account
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign-in to your account
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your access to or use of the Services
- provide personalized content and information to you and others which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Services
- develop and test new products, features and functionality
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, usage, traffic, and other patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the Clear Admit application on your system or device.
- run contests, special offers or other events or activities (“Events”) on the Services
- provide reports to advertisers, marketing or other business partners
- facilitate communications with Users
- SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share your User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are part of the same group of companies that Clear Admit is part of, or that subsequently become part of that group (collectively, “Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Services and Platforms (including by providing analytics), and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We also may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location and usage data), with third-parties that help us provide the Services to you (collectively, “Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be provided with access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Services under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain of your information such as cookie data with third-party advertisers or marketers. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove portions of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Persons with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any User Content that you post to the Services automatically becomes available to the public, and once available to the public, that User Content may be re-shared by others and may be indexed and posted by search engines.
- Any User Content that you post to the Services is searchable by other Users.
- You cannot remove any User Content that you post to the Services once it is posted. We may remove your User Content, at our sole discretion, if you contact us and ask us to remove such content, provided however, that such content may remain in cached and archived pages of the Services.
What happens in the event of a change of control of Clear Admit:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information may be stored and processed in the United States or in any other country in which Clear Admit, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Clear Admit, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer your information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use certain safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Services secure and take steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your account and to emails between you and us, at all times.
- YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- You can update your account at any time by logging into the Metro MBA website and editing your account settings on the My Account tab on the home page of the Services.
- Upon registration on the Metro MBA website we will send you (i) periodic Metro MBA newsletters which provide admissions tips, MBA news and prime access to special offers, and (ii) periodic information regarding schools, employers and marketing partners who may be of interest to you. During the registration process you can unsubscribe from either of these email communications by unchecking the check box on the registration page.
- In addition, you can always unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Services-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features and functionality of the Services, technical and security notices).
How long we keep your information and User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Clear Admit, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your Registration Information) and User Content indefinitely for the Services or for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. The Services and their contents are not directed at children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
- HOW TO CONTACT US