California School of Management & Leadership – Alliant University - MBA
Alliant’s California School of Management & Leadership MBA Program Structure
The Alliant International University MBA is designed for working professionals. Classes are offered in the evening at the San Diego campus. Students can also complete their MBA studies entirely online.
The MBA program now offers two tracks:
- The Professional MBA track is designed for students without business leadership experience. Courses are offered on-campus in the evenings and will include three professional practicum courses.
- The Practical Training MBA track is ideal for working professionals and international students focused on career advancement. Courses include practical training and are taught in an online and on-campus hybrid format.
Alliant’s California School of Management & Leadership MBA students who majored in business as an undergraduate take 12 courses. Non-business majors take two additional courses, Financial and Managerial Accounting, and International Economics and Trade. Business undergraduates at Alliant can take advantage of the Direct Pathway program to accelerate their path toward an MBA.
All MBA students take the same eight core classes as a cohort: International Marketing Management, Organizational Behavior and Global Leadership, Strategic Management, Statistical Analysis and Modeling for Business, Financial Management, Technology for Managerial Decision Making, Operations Management and Logistics, and Management In the New Age (Capstone).
Students can also choose several specializations in the program, such as: Marketing and Digital Trends, Corporate Finance, Information Systems and Technology, Hospitality Management, and more.
CSML also offers MBA students the option to build their own concentration so that they can get the exact education they want for the exact career they want.
The concentration offerings for the MBA in Business Administration are designed to give students a higher level of mastery in a specific area of their choosing. This focus provides students with a deeper knowledge in their chosen concentration and allows for greater career advancement opportunities in their field of study. Concentrations include Corporate Finance, Hospitality Management, Information and Technology Management, Marketing and Digital Trends, and Management & Leadership.
Tuition, Scholarships, and Financial Aid
For the 2020-21 academic year, tuition is $740 per unit for the Alliant’s California School of Management & Leadership’s MBA, totaling $26,600 plus any additional fees. Students can apply for a range of grants and scholarships, including the Alliant’s California School of Management & Leadership’s MBA Scholarship, which covers 33 percent of tuition for each semester, and the MBA Direct Path Scholarship, for undergraduate alumni of Alliant International University.
In order to apply to the Alliant’s California School of Management & Leadership MBA program, applicants must provide:
- Official transcripts
- A completed online application
- A current resume
- 1-2 page personal essay
- Proof of English proficiency (if necessary)
- Two letters of recommendation – Recommendations should be from references familiar with your work, your academic abilities, or your potential for scholarship and professional accomplishment.
- Faculty interview
All applicants must also meet one of the following requirements:
GPA Minimum of 2.75 or GPA Exemption Petition. Interview may be required.
The following two (2) prerequisite courses are required for students without a business major:
- ACT5000 – Financial and Managerial Accounting (3 units)
- ECO5000 – International Economics and Trade (3 units)
The Alliant’s California School of Management & Leadership MBA uses rolling admissions deadlines, but recommends applying early.