5 Questions With Pasquale Quintero, MBA Director at the TCNJ School of Business
In our latest installment of the MetroMBA “5 Questions” series, we speak with Pasquale Quintero, MBA Director at the at the TCNJ School of Business. Quintero talks about the school’s new MBA program, the “T-Style” curriculum, and the best food you can get in Trenton, NJ.
Why do you believe TCNJ introduced its new MBA program?
“The College of New Jersey School of Business is delivering a contemporary, relevant, highly competitive MBA education that provides both near-term and long-term benefits to early career professionals. Employers want employees with strong skill sets in a specific area and a broad understanding of business on which they can build. Employees want to build successful and stable careers. Therefore, the School of Business determined students need immediate applicable specialized skills, hence the creation of the ‘T-Style’ curriculum.”
What can you expect for the first year of the program?
“The ‘T-Style’ offers students the ability to specialize in Data Analytics, Finance, or Strategy, Innovation and Leadership during their first year of study. In the second year, students will round out their education by taking courses designed to equip them with the tools to be effective managers. This approach provides the student with depth, breadth, and an early return on investment with a graduate certificate after their first year of study.”
What are the differences between the TCNJ MBA and other business schools?
• “First, our unique ‘T-Style’ curriculum offers students the benefit of deep dive learning in a specialization in Data Analytics, Finance or Strategy, Innovation and Leadership during their first year of study. Students will gain enhanced skills to apply in their day-to-day decision-making.
• Second, the program will have a business practitioner associated with each course. The faculty will use the practitioner to help reinforce and expand upon the application of MBA concepts in practice.
• Third, the program is offered in a hybrid format (online and face-to-face), which will allow students to enroll in the MBA program without disrupting their personal and professional obligations.
• Students meet in class for eight hours on Saturdays, six times in the fall and spring, plus four times in the summer. When not meeting face-to-face, students will complete their coursework online. Winter courses will be offered 100 percent online.
• Finally, the program is price competitively.”
What is one major advantage TCNJ provides in the new program?
“The innovative ‘T-Style’ curriculum as it is taking a different approach to graduate management education. After just one year students can demonstrate real progress in a specialty area after just seven courses.”
Where can I get some good food in Trenton?
“On campus there are some great restaurants such as Mexican Mariachi, Piccolo Pronto, and Yummy Asian Cuisine. I’ve heard good things about Cafe ’72 near campus, and there are plenty of great restaurants to choose from in downtown Princeton.”