Krannert School of Management – Purdue University - MS Business Analytics and Information Management
Purdue Krannert MS Business Analytics and Information Management Program Structure
The Purdue MS Business Analytics and Information Management (MS BAIM) program at the Krannert School of Management is an 11-month, full-time, STEM-designated Master’s program, with classes beginning in June. The program consists of 36 total credits worth of courses taught over three semesters.
The core curriculum comprises 25 credits of the 36 credit program, with six credits of business foundation courses and five credits of free electives from the Krannert full-time MBA program.
The program starts with a four-course summer semester, covering the following core courses:
• Business Analytics
• IT Innovation and Competitive Advantage
• Python Programming
• Business Foundation Elective
The following fall semester features these courses:
• Data Mining with SAS Enterprise Miner
• Management of Organizational Data
• Web Data Analytics
• Analyzing Unstructured Data
• Communication and Persuasion
• Big Data
• Predictive Analytics
• Management Information Systems
• Six Sigma and Quality Management
The third and final semester features the following:
• Industry Practicum
• Digital Business and Information Strategy
• Design: Social Networks & Engagements
• IT Project Management
• Spreadsheet Modeling and Simulation
• Advanced Business Analytics with SAS
• Production Scale Big Data Implementation
• Spreadsheets and Macro Programming
• Optimization Modeling with Spreadsheets
• Supply Chain Analytics
Courses in the MS BAIM are also taught through the Krenicki Center for Business Analytics & Machine Learning.
A total of 81 students were enrolled in the most recent Purdue MS Business Analytics and Information Management class, with 34 percent female students. The class, as a whole, was 25-years old on average, scored 680 on the GMAT, enrolled with a 3.6 GPA, and had a little less than three years worth of professional work experience.
The school reports a 97 percent employment rate for MS BAIM graduates, with an average annual salary rate of $78,703 and an average signing bonus of $7,281.
Tuition, Scholarships, and Financial Aid
In-state students in the Purdue MS Business Analytics and Information Management program expected to pay a tuition rate of $24,300. Out-of-state U.S. resident tuition is currently $34,200, and tuition for international students is $48,600.
Students in the program are automatically considered for merit-based scholarships. Students may also be able to help fund their educational expenses with part-time work at the Krenicki Center for Business Analytics & Machine Learning. Graduate assistantships are not available through Purdue for MS BAIM attendees, but assistantships may be available outside of the school.
Federal and private loan offerings may be available for select students, along with employment sponsorship.
The following must be submitted in order to apply to the Purdue MS Business Analytics and Information Management program at the Krannert School of Management:
• A completed online application
• Official transcripts
• Two essays and one optional essay
• Two online letters of recommendation (no paper recommendations are accepted)
• Video essay responding to 3-5 questions
• GMAT/GRE scores (waiver available; preferred minimum score of 500)
• Official English Language Test Scores (if necessary)
• $75 application fee (waived for U.S. residents and Purdue University undergraduates)
Application deadlines are as follows:
Round One – Sep. 1-Nov. 1, 2019
Round Two – Nov. 2, 2019-Jan. 3, 2020
Round Three – Jan. 4-Jan. 31, 2020 (final international round)
Round Four – Feb. 1-April 1, 2020 (final domestic round, or until classes are filled)