University of Texas at Arlington College of Business

UT Arlington Executive MBA – Asia Program Structure

Students in the UT Arlington Executive MBA – Asia program can complete the program in China or Taiwan. Programs begin every November. This is an 18-month program that consists of 12 modules. Students meet for four days every six weeks. Classes are taught Friday through Monday for three hours per course. Courses are taught in both Chinese and English.

UTA’s China Executive programs have been officially approved and endorsed by the Office of Academic Degrees and the Ministry of Education in China and Taiwan.

Curriculum

Students in the UT Arlington Executive MBA – Asia program participate in the same core Executive MBA courses as students completing the program at UT Arlington. The Executive MBA Asia curriculum also covers topics in real-world business practices that fit the needs of Chinese executives. Students focus on the fundamentals of global business in order to become successful business management leaders in global markets. The Executive MBA Asia curriculum is built around the necessary skills and knowledge that is needed to run multinational firms and how to successfully manage data and develop effective teams that will help firms to expand into global markets and maintain customer value and build long-term customer relationships.

Class Profile

The Asia executive MBA is designed for mid- and upper-level managers. It is meant for those who want to work in leadership roles within companies in Asia. The program is meant to be flexible and students are typically already employed in management positions within Asia.

Executives in the program are from the United States, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

Careers

Program participants are mainly executives and directors of companies such as HP, Du Pont, Bayer, Emerson, Alcatel, Delphi, Ericsson, Price Waterhouse Coopers, Nokia, Schneider, Exxonmobil, IBM, Dell, Panasonic, Wyeth, GlexoSmithkline, Agilent, Kodak, GE, General Signals, Parmalat and China Unicom. The program is designed to help executives to increase the global awareness of the participants’ companies.

Tuition and Financial Aid

The total cost of the UT Arlington Executive MBA – Asia program in China is 200,000 RMB, including fees for attendance of lecture, English original textbooks, teaching materials and UTA online resources (online library and email) usage. Those in the Taiwan program will pay $25,250. Students cover accommodations and travel expenses. Tuition will be transferred to financial departments of Chinese and US Universities directly. Students are responsible for covering all the domestic and overseas bank charges.

Students in the Executive MBA Asia program are typically self-financed or sponsored by their employer. There are no financial aid or scholarship opportunities available for students who complete the program in Asia. Students can apply for private loans to cover the cost of the program.

Students pay tuition by paying the total tuition cost at one time (within three weeks advance of courses starting) or by paying two installments: 60 percent tuition paid third weeks in advance and the remaining 40 percent when the fifth course starts.

Admissions Procedures

Applicants must possess a bachelor degree or above and have a minimum of five years of work experience, including at least two years in a management position. Applicants must also pass an admissions exam, which is a combination of an English test and an interview in English and Chinese.

UT Arlington Executive MBA – Asia applicants must first submit the preliminary application material that includes a copy of their professional resume in Chinese and English, a proof of a bachelor’s degree, and a copy of the applicant’s Identification and pay an application fee of RMB 1000. After preliminary review of the application, a 40-minute interview will be scheduled. After the interview, students must complete the management-oriented test.

The interview and paper test results will be sent by email within one week of completion. Applicants will be notified whether they are qualified to enroll in the program according to their comprehensive conditions and exam results. Applicants will receive an admission letter from UTA within two weeks of the results if the applicant is qualified for program. After the admission letter is received, applicants must submit the following documents within one month of receiving the letter:

  1. UTA-EMBA application form
  2. Five passport photos
  3. Two business cards
  4. A copy of transcripts in Chinese and English
  5. Two letters of reference

Application Deadlines

Applications for the UT Arlington Executive MBA – Asia program are accepted all year round. Students are requested to start the application process as soon as possible to ensure that they will be able to start the program in the year that they desire.