Rice University – MBA@Rice - Online MBA
MBA@Rice is the online MBA program from Rice Business, ranked a top-10 business school in the nation by Bloomberg Businessweek. The program helps a diverse community of aspiring business leaders build both foundational and specialized skills as they examine modern business challenges in the context of real-world scenarios. The program is led by the same renowned faculty who teach on campus. Rice Business is also the highest ranked business school in Texas by Bloomberg Businessweek and ranked No. 2 in the nation for graduate entrepreneurship studies by The Princeton Review for 2018.
The online MBA@Rice program is taught by a nationally recognized faculty who integrate insights from their own research into the curriculum. Consisting of 54 credits, which can be completed in as few as 24 months, MBA@Rice features:
● Live classes hosted in a face-to-face online classroom.
● Interactive coursework that draws upon real-world scenarios.
● Networking opportunities with a diverse group of accomplished leaders.
● Resources and research from the distinguished Rice Business community.
● Electives available in finance, marketing, entrepreneurship, strategy and operations
The MBA@Rice curriculum helps students develop and conceptualize foundational business skills in the context of modern business challenges. Students learn to apply hard skills like financial accounting anddata analysis, as well as soft skills such as managerial leadership and negotiations, to real-world scenarios. Courses include:
● Financial Accounting
● Data Analysis
● New Enterprise
● Organizational Behavior
● Managerial Economics
● Corporate Responsibility
● Economic Environment of Business
● Business-Government Relations
● Competitive Strategy
● Strategy: Formulation and Implementation
● Strategic Business Communication
MBA@Rice seeks ambitious professionals with a diverse array of experiences, backgrounds and skillsets. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required, as well as valid GMAT or GRE scores from no more than five years prior to the date of applying.
Class start dates are available in January, April, July and October each year, and applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Required materials include:
● GMAT or GRE scores
● Official transcripts
● A professional résumé
● One required essay and one optional essay
● One letter of recommendation from a current direct supervisor or two recommendations from former supervisors
● An application fee of $200