Cornell SC Johnson College of Business - MPS in Management
Cornell Johnson MPS in Management Program Structure
The MPS in Management program provides students with non-business undergraduate degrees and limited or no full-time work experience with the foundation necessary to pursue careers in business. Over the course of two semesters, students pursue a curriculum in a very collaborative atmosphere, encouraging students to work together and support each other as they develop key business skills.
With a curriculum covering management, communication, finance, economics, analysis, and strategy, students in this one-year program (two semesters) garner valuable knowledge and experience in preparing for the world of management. In addition to the 30 credit hours of this diverse core curriculum (and six credit hours of electives), students also perform three required Industry Practicums and are provided career trek opportunities.
The MPS in Management class at Cornell features about 30 students that average around 23 years old, who are usually seeking a pre-experiential degree before fully embarking on their careers. About 44 percent of the class are women and about 75 percent are international students.
A career development team at the graduate level partners with MPS candidates to strengthen leadership skills and foster career advancement. Students are connected to career opportunities through leadership, team, and career coaching; networking exchanges and events; and forums.
Tuition, Scholarships, and Financial Aid
Current tuition for the Cornell MPS in Management program is $56,500 (USD) total for the entire program. There is no need-based aid available for Johnson’s graduate/professional students. There are federal student loans available to U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents (green card is required).
The Cornell MPS in Management program is a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon Program. Formal submission of Yellow Ribbon application and Certification of Eligibility (COE) are required for consideration.
● Undergraduate degree with a minor in business, or its equivalent. A limited number of students who majored in a business discipline at the undergraduate level will be admitted and offered a customized graduate curriculum.
Requirements for admission:
● Introductory courses in Economics, Statistics, Business or Management, Financial Accounting, Finance, and Marketing
● Official transcripts from an accredited college or university or equivalent international degree
● GMAT or GRE scope report
● Two letters of recommendation
● Three essays
● A non-refundable application fee of $105 (waived for all current or former U.S. military members and for all Cornell students and recent alumni)
Application deadlines are as follows:
For Fall Intake:
● Round One: December 1
● Round Two: January 15
● Round Three: March 1
● Round Four: April 15
For Spring Intake:
● October 15