Cornell SC Johnson College of Business - MPS in Applied Economics and Management
Cornell Johnson Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Applied Economics and Management
The MPS in Applied Economics and Management program provides a cross-disciplinary education rooted in applied economics that allows students without undergraduate business degrees and limited or no full-time work experience to develop industry-specific skills in one of five specialized concentrations. The program relies heavily on performance learning and real-world problem solving.
The curriculum incorporates behavioral economics, quantitative/computational methods, international/development economics, food/agricultural/environment/energy/resource economics, and problem solving. This one-year, 30-credit-hour, program features multiple real-world projects.
Students have the option to choose one of five concentrations:
● Applied Behavioral Economics and Individual Choice (ABEIC)
● Technology Management
● Environmental, Energy, and Resource Economics (EERE)
● International and Development Economics (IDE)
● Food and Agricultural Economics (FAE)
Additionally, there is a dual-degree program option—MPS in AEM combined with a Master in Management (MIM)—offered in conjunction with CEMS, which can be read about in detail on the MPS in AEM with CEMS MIM website.
The MPS in AEM Class at Cornell features about 60 students that average around 23 years old, who are usually seeking a pre-experiential degree before fully embarking on their careers. About 75 percent of the class are women.
Graduates of the MPS in AEM program are assisted by Cornell’s SC Johnson College of Business career management team. Students have gone on to work for companies such as Goldman Sachs, Google, and the Busara Center for Behavioral Economics in Nairobi, Kenya.
Tuition, Scholarships, and Financial Aid
Current tuition for the Cornell MPS in AEM program is $56,500 (USD) total for the entire program. Federal student loans are available to U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents (green card is required).
The Cornell MPS in AEM program is a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon Program. Formal submission of Yellow Ribbon application and Certification of Eligibility (COE) are required for consideration.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis.
● Official transcripts (with bachelor’s degree) from an accredited university
● GMAT or GRE scores
● Two letters of recommendation
● Statement of purpose essay
● A non-refundable application fee of $105 (waived for all current or former U.S. military members and for all Cornell students and recent alumni)
● TOEFL or IELTS if required
Application deadlines are as follows:
● Round One: December 1*
● Round Two: January 15*
● Round Three: March 1
● Round Four: April 15
* International applicants are encouraged to apply for the round 1 and 2 application deadlines.