Cornell SC Johnson College of Business - Master of Management in Hospitality
- School Overview
- Two-Year MBA
- One-Year MBA
- Tech MBA
- Executive MBA Metro NY
- Executive MBA Americas
- Master of Management in Hospitality
- MPS in Applied Economics and Management
- MPS in Real Estate
- MPS in Management
- MPS in Management – Accounting Specialization
- Connect with Cornell
- Register Now With MetroMBA
Cornell Johnson Master of Management in Hospitality (MMH) Program Structure
The AACSB-accredited Master of Management in Hospitality (MMH) program is a three-semester (16-month), 30-credit-hour, professional degree program that provides a thorough grounding in business management in the context of the hospitality industry. The MMH curriculum balances a solid graduate business core curriculum (finance, marketing, accounting, etc.) with options to cultivate a career-focused specialization in fields including marketing, operations, revenue management, entrepreneurship, sustainability, beverage management and more. Students can also pursue the Graduate Minor in Real Estate.
The MMH curriculum incorporates corporate finance, managerial accounting, operations and marketing management, resources development and planning, leadership, and related studies.
Each Master of Management in Hospitality (MMH) class at Cornell features about 50 students that average around 27 years old with an average of a few years of relevant work experience. About 65 percent of the class are women.
● 42 percent are employed in the real estate, banking/financial services, and e-commerce industries
● 94 percent reported employment within 6 months of graduation
● 36 percent are employed in hotel resort-corporate/property and the restaurant industry
Other areas of employment include but are not limited to design, distribution, event planning, food manufacturing, and senior living.
Tuition, Scholarships, and Financial Aid
Current tuition for the Cornell MMH program is $84,825 (USD) total for the entire 16-month/3-semester program.
Students normally pay for their education through multiple funding sources, including loans and outside grants. Other possible sources of funding include your employer, chambers of commerce, Fulbright offices, government agencies, trade associations, and foundations.
Federal student loans are available to U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents (green card is required).
Several Cornell-based financial aid options are available, from loans and veterans programs to School of Hotel Administration (SHA) scholarships and external scholarships.
The Cornell MMH program is a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon Program. Formal submission of Yellow Ribbon application and Certification of Eligibility (COE) are required for consideration.
● Essays: Statement of Purpose (focusing on background, aspirations, character, personal goals, etc.); MMH Career Essay; MMH Character Essay
● Official transcript from an accredited college or university or equivalent international degree.
● GMAT or GRE Score Report
● Two letters of recommendation
● Interview: Video Essay
● English Language Proficiency Requirement (International applicants only)
● A non-refundable application fee of $105 (waived for all current or former U.S. military members and for all Cornell students and recent alumni)
Application deadlines are as follows:
● Round One: December 1*
● Round Two: January 15
● Round Three: March 1
● Round Four: April 15
* Application fee is waived for early applicants