Binghamton University School of Management - Professional MBA
Binghamton Professional MBA Program Structure
The Binghamton Fast-Track Professional MBA program takes place over the course of one year. Students meet on Saturdays and attend class from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. The fall and spring semesters have four courses each, while the summer semester rounds out with five courses before graduation in August.
There are different structure options for applicants with varying backgrounds:
- Four-Semester MBA option – available to students of all undergraduate majors
- One-Year MBA option – available to students of all majors with prerequisite coursework in statistics and economics
- Management/MBA 4+1 program – available to students who have earned a bachelor’s degree in business from an AACSB-accredited school within the last five years
- Harpur/MBA 4+1 program – available to current Binghamton University undergraduates in Harpur College of Arts and Sciences
- Watson/MBA 4+1 program – available to current Binghamton University undergraduates in the Thomas J. Watson School of Engineering and Applied Science
Most students, arranged into cohorts, follow the same 13-course schedule, as the time constraints of the program do not allow for selection of differing coursework. However, students specializing in Business Analytics replace courses in Business Consulting and Special Topics in Management with Statistical Analysis and Data Mining and Marketing Analytics. Courses for all students include Customer Value Management, Managerial Communications, and Strategic Management.
The most recent Binghamton Professional MBA class featured 107 students. Women made up just over 33 percent of the class, with minority students making up 18.7 percent, and international students making up 23.4 percent, respectively.
The current class skews slightly young, at 22-years old on average. These students earned an average GMAT score of 612, a GPA of 3.53, and enrolled with about 15 months of previous professional work experience.
The average base salary of Binghamton MBA graduates is $64,700, with 79 percent of grads employed within three months of earning their degree.
Tuition, Scholarships, and Financial Aid
Tuition for the Binghamton Professional MBA program totals $37,500 for the one-year program. Financial Aid is available through Binghamton University’s Financial Aid Services.
Additionally, full-time students are expected to pay $2,326 per year in fees, and $19,517 for other expenses, including room and board, books, and more.
Candidates must apply online. Along with the aforementioned requirement of recent graduation from an undergraduate business program, applicants must submit: undergraduate transcript(s), two letters of recommendation, a current resume, GMAT scores, and a personal statement that describes the applicant’s career goals. The application fee is $75.
Application deadlines are as follows:
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with sessions starting in the spring, summer, and fall.