Stern School of Business – New York University - Master of Science in Accounting
NYU Stern Master of Science in Accounting Program Structure
The NYU Stern Master of Science in Accounting program is a 12-month degree featuring 30 credits worth of coursework to help students prepare for the CPA examination. Classes may be available to complete on nights and weekends. However, most classes are held on weekdays in early and mid-day sessions.
Courses in the NYU Stern School of Business MS in Accounting program are as follows:
• Advanced Managerial Accounting
• Business Acquisitions, Deferred Taxes, Translations, and Derivatives
• Financial Reporting and Disclosure
• Forensic Accounting and Financial Statement Fraud
• Foundations of Corporate Finance
• Internal Controls & Accounting Information Systems – A Data Analytics Perspective
• Modeling Financial Statements
• Professional Responsibility
• Taxation of Individuals and Business Income
• Topics in Advanced Communication in Accounting
A total of 68 students are enrolled in the most recent NYU Stern School of Business MS in Accounting program class, with 60 percent female students and 60 percent international residents. A total of 12 countries are represented by the class.
The average GMAT score of the class was 665, the GPA was 3.56, and the average work experience was 1.7 years.
Tuition, Scholarships, and Financial Aid
The current tuition rate of the NYU Stern Master of Science in Accounting is $54,546. With added fees and other expenses, the 12-month NYU MS in Accounting total cost is $91,862. The total expenses include a $500 orientation fee, plus estimated costs for books, fees, room, board, transportation, and other miscellaneous expenses.
Merit-based scholarships are awarded to select admitted students without any additional application necessary. Scholarships are typically around $10,000. Additional scholarships may be awarded by the NYS Society of CPAs. The PM Business Advisors Striving for Greatness Accounting & Finance Scholarship may also be available for select students who have showed a commitment to helping their local community.
U.S. applicants may be eligible for Federal Direct loans and Graduate PLUS loans, as well as private loans. International applicants may only be eligible for private loans.
Prior to enrollment in the NYU Stern Master of Science in Accounting program, applicants must have an accredited four-year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and completed nine credits worth of accounting courses at an accredited university, including the following required accounting courses:
• Financial Accounting
• Managerial Accounting
In addition, applicants must have already completed 30 credits worth of General Business courses at an accredited university, community college, or online program, including the following mandatory courses:
• Principles of Statistics or Data Analysis
• Principles of Microeconomics
• Principles of Macroeconomics
Credits towards Advanced Placement (AP) exams in Macroeconomics, Microeconomics and/or Statistics are acceptable as General Business pre-requisites. However, these may or may not meet the New York state requirements for the CPA examination. General business courses may include: Business Statistics; Business Law; Business Strategy; Computer Science; Economics; Finance
Information Technology Systems; Management; Marketing; Operations Management; Organizational Behavior; and Quantitative Methods.
Along with a completed application, the following must be submitted:
• Official transcripts
• A résumé
• One mandatory essay about “Professional Aspirations” (500 words) and an optional essay (500 words)
• One letter of recommendation
• GMAT/GRE scores (waiver available for select applicants)
• International Student Supplement (if necessary)
• $100 fee
Application deadlines are as follows:
Round One (Domestic Applicants) – Feb. 15, 2020
Round Two – April 15, 2020
Final – June 1, 2020