Simon Business School – University of Rochester - MS in Accountancy
MS in Accountancy Overview
• Simon’s 150-credit-hour compliant Accountancy program educationally qualifies you to sit for the New York State CPA exam—but goes far beyond ordinary test preparation.
• This program offers the option to pursue an internship track, which will help you strengthen your résumé and gain professional experience before heading into your full-time role.
• Simon’s MSA program is STEM-designated, which shows recruiters that you’ll arrive on the job with analytic tools and leadership skills that positively impact a company’s bottom line. In addition, the designation allows international students to stay in the U.S. for up to 36 months on a student visa, if hired in a STEM-eligible role.
• Get hands-on experience by joining Simon Accounting Association, which provides networking initiatives for students pursuing long-term careers in accounting fields, and invites industry leaders to campus throughout the year.
Learn more about our MS in Accountancy program details.
There are currently 50 people in the MS in Accountancy program that are, on average, 22-years old. Female students make up about 80 percent of the MS in Accountancy class. The GMAT range (80th percentile) is between 620–710, and the GPA range (80th percentile) is between 3.1–3.7. Students in the program have an average of six months of previous work experience.
Tuition, Scholarships, and Financial Aid
Tuition for the program is currently $65,000. More than 70 percent of MS in Accountancy students receive scholarship support.
Please include the following in order to apply:
• Online application
• Current résumé and work history
• One required essay (250-500 word limit)
• Applicant interesting fact (25 word limit)
• School-issued official transcripts, scanned and uploaded for each college attended
• Test-taker results for GMAT or GRE (including Analytical Writing Assessment), scanned and uploaded
• Contact information for two references who can provide a professional recommendation, if contacted
• $90 application fee
• Test-taker results for TOEFL or IELTS, scanned and uploaded (view school code here)
• Required of all international candidates except those who attended three or more consecutive years of post-secondary education taught solely in English and received a baccalaureate or master’s degree from a college or university where English was the language of instruction.
• Optional InitialView interview and writing sample—an excellent way to add dimension to your candidacy and demonstrate English proficiency.
Application deadlines are as follows: