Tepper School of Business – Carnegie Mellon University - Master of Science in Product Management
Carnegie Mellon Full-Time Master of Science in Product Management
The Carnegie Mellon Master of Science in Product Management is a jointly housed program at Carnegie Mellon University’s Tepper School of Business and School of Computer Science.
There’s a pressing need for product managers who have the skills to lead product development that drives growth — product managers who:
– Empathize with customers
– Lead cross-functional teams
– Deliver business value
The MS in Product Management is designed to train students in this rare blend of skills. Offered through the top-ranked School of Computer Science and Tepper School of Business, this one-year, STEM-designated program combines the best of both schools. The program begins in January and ends in December.
The MS in Product Management curriculum is designed to provide the skills most desired by employers of product managers: business, technology, design, and leadership. Each mini semester, students take core classes and electives within Carnegie Mellon’s Tepper School of Business and School of Computer Science. They also gain hands-on experience through a summer internship and a fall capstone project with a corporate partner.
This program has 51 current students with an average age of 30 years old. The program has a slight majority of female students compared to male (53%/47%) and the average work experience is 6.6 years. The average undergraduate GPA of current students is 3.51 and the average GMAT score range is 620-760. The average GRE score is 323.
Tuition and Financial Aid
The Carnegie Mellon Tepper Master of Science in Product Management has a tuition cost of $72,864 per year and a total cost of attendance listed at $110,200.
Carnegie Mellon’s Financial Aid Office supports the school’s goal of enrolling and graduating a diverse group of top-qualified students by facilitating the financial aid process and by serving as an educational resource to prospective and current students. The Tepper School participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program, which assists in meeting the tuition cost difference above the amount provided by the GI Bill.
Scholarships are awarded to MSPM candidates who exhibit a high degree of potential for success in the program and their careers. Partial scholarships may be awarded to all MSPM candidates. Candidates are considered for a scholarship at the point of admission, are notified at the time of admission, and are not required to provide additional information unless noted below. This applies to U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, and international candidates.
The following must be included in the Carnegie Mellon Tepper Master of Science in Product Management application:
• An online application form
• Current resume
• Required Essays
• Two professional recommendations
• Unofficial transcripts of all academic work
• Official GMAT score or GRE (*test waivers also available)
• Official TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo test score (if applicable)
• $125 Application fee
* If you wish to apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver, you must submit a letter to the admissions committee (via an upload in your application) that addresses the following:
– Please discuss your undergraduate GPA scores and any other degree GPA. For a waiver to be granted we are only seeking those with exceptionally high GPA achievement.
– Please also share any remarkable academic achievements we should be aware of.
– Please share with us if you have an advanced master’s degree. Is it in a STEM-related area? Are there particular courses that demonstrate your capability in succeeding in the MSPM curriculum?
– Please share if you have recognized certification in product management, e.g. ISPMA, Pragmatic Institute, AIPMM, Certified Scrum Product Owner, Certified Product Manager (280 Group), Certified Innovation Leader Credential, ProductSchool, Black Bolt Product Management, etc.
Application deadlines are as follows:
Round One – June 4, 2023
Round Two – July 9, 2023
Round Three – August 13, 2023
Carnegie Mellon – Learn More