Tepper School of Business – Carnegie Mellon University - Full-Time MS in Business Analytics
Carnegie Mellon Full-Time MS in Business Analytics Program Structure
The Carnegie Mellon Tepper Full-Time MS in Business Analytics is a STEM-designated program for recent college graduates who want to deepen their analytical skills and move into sought-after business analyst positions. Through Carnegie Mellon University’s 9-month program, Tepper MSBA students learn how to solve tough business challenges by harnessing emerging technologies and using data creatively to inspire better solutions.
As a STEM-designated program, the curriculum of the Full-Time MS in Business Analytics program equips students with leading-edge knowledge, skills, and experiential training in:
– Methodology, including machine learning and optimization.
– Software engineering, including large-scale data management and programming in R and Python.
– Corporate communication, including communicating with non-technical stakeholders.
– Business domain knowledge, including marketing, operations, accounting, finance, and people analytics.
This program has 51 current students with an average age of 23 years old. The Program has a slight majority of female students compared to male (51%/49%) and the average work experience is less than one year. The average undergraduate GPA of current students is 3.49 and the average GMAT score is a 700.
Tuition and Financial Aid
This program has a tuition cost of $69,412. The school lists their total cost of attendance (including living expenses & fees) to be $93,260. Financial Aid is available and information about financing opportunities can be found on the Tepper School MSBA website
The following must be included in the Carnegie Mellon Tepper MSBA application:
• An online application form
• Current resume
• One written essay and one video essay
• Two professional recommendations
• Unofficial transcripts of all academic work
• Official GMAT score or GRE (*test waivers also available)
• Official TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo test score (if applicable)
• $125 Application fee
*Waivers will be evaluated based on mathematical preparedness demonstrated through advanced quantitative classes in undergraduate or graduate work. These classes include, but are not limited to, calculus, linear algebra, and statistics. Previous degrees (undergraduate or graduate) in a related discipline such as STEM degrees (science, technology, engineering, statistics, or mathematics) or business degrees with strong quantitative focus. A waiver decision by the admission committee does not signal an admission decision. The admission decision will be based on a holistic review of the application.
Application deadlines are as follows:
Round 3 – 3/24/2024
Round 4 – 5/12/2024
Carnegie Mellon – Learn More