Simon Business School – University of Rochester - MS in Finance
University of Rochester Simon Business School MS in Finance
• Simon’s MS in Finance program is ranked No. 5 in the U.S. by the Financial Times (2018).
• Three preeminent journals—the Journal of Financial Economics, the Journal of Accounting and Economics, and the Journal of Monetary Economics—were founded or are edited at Simon.
• This program offers the option to pursue an internship track, which will help you strengthen your résumé and gain professional experience before heading into your full-time role.
• The program is STEM-designated, which shows recruiters that you’ll arrive on the job with analytic tools and leadership skills that positively impact a company’s bottom line. In addition, the designation allows international students to work in the U.S. for up to 36 months on a student visa, if hired in a STEM-eligible role.
• Get hands-on learning experience by participating in the Meliora Fund, which is managed by a team of Simon MBA and MS students and members of the Simon Finance and Investment Club. The fund is invested in various sectors, including health care, financial, industrial, energy, consumer, and technology, media, and telecom (TMT).
Learn more about our MS in Finance program details.
There are currently 183 students in the MS in Finance program that are, on average, 22-years old. About 55 percent of the class is comprised of female students, with 45 percent male students. The GMAT range (80th percentile) is between 630–720, and the GPA range (80th percentile) is between 3.0–3.8. Students in the program have an average of six months of previous work experience.
Tuition, Scholarships, and Financial Aid
Tuition for the University of Rochester MS in Finance is currently $79,250. More than 50 percent of MS in Finance students receive scholarship support.
Please include the following in order to apply:
• Online application
• Current résumé and work history
• One required essay (250-500 word limit)
• Applicant interesting fact (25 word limit)
• School-issued official transcripts, scanned and uploaded for each college attended
• Test-taker results for GMAT or GRE (including Analytical Writing Assessment), scanned and uploaded
• Contact information for two references who can provide a professional recommendation, if contacted
• $90 application fee
Simon Business School is honored to waive the application fee for active-duty military members and veterans and other eligible full-time MBA applicants.
• Test-taker results for TOEFL or IELTS, scanned and uploaded (view school code here)
• Required of all international candidates except those who attended three or more consecutive years of post-secondary education taught solely in English and received a baccalaureate or master’s degree from a college or university where English was the language of instruction.
• Optional InitialView interview and writing sample – an excellent way to add dimension to your candidacy and demonstrate English proficiency.
Application deadlines are as follows: