Leavey School of Business – Santa Clara University - Masters of Science in Finance & Analytics
- School Overview
- Evening MBA
- Executive MBA
- Online MBA
- Online Masters of Marketing
- Masters of Science in Information Systems
- Masters of Science in Business Analytics
- Online Masters of Science in Business Analytics
- Masters of Science in Finance & Analytics
- Online Masters of Science in Finance & Analytics
- Register Now With MetroMBA
Santa Clara University Masters of Science in Finance & Analytics Program Structure
The finance workplace has rapidly evolved, seeking students with greater quantitative and analytical skills. Created by the world-renowned faculty, our innovative curriculum, flexible STEM program duration, and hands-on learning experience deliver the essential knowledge, skills, and analytical tools to advance your finance career to the next level. The vast alumni network and our central location in the Silicon Valley provide premier career opportunities in sought-after corporations, financial institutions, consulting firms, and FinTech.
• Program duration: intensive 10 month full-time; 16 month part-time option available. Also offered in an online, asynchronous format.
• Time/schedule: Evening and Saturday classes following a Monday and Wednesday; or Tuesday and Thursday schedule.
• Course delivery: Cohort style with elective options.
Integrated courses cover the business fundamentals in a cohort format. There are two intakes per year, with classes beginning in the fall and the spring.
The Santa Clara University Masters of Science in Finance & Analytics program requires completion of 46 semester units of coursework. Courses in the MS Finance & Analytics degree are arrayed in core foundational courses and elective options.1
• Financial Forecasting & Analysis
• Corporate Finance
• Math for Finance & Analytics
• R Programming
• Data Analytics (with Python)
• Time-Series Analysis
• Analytics for Finance
• Database Management Systems – Fundamentals of SQL
Electives: Courses are subject to change and availability in a given quarter is not guaranteed.
• International Financial Management
• Mergers, Acquisitions & Corporate Governance
• Real Estate Finance
• Risk Management
• Emerging Company Finance
• Business Valuation
• Financial Engineering
• Behavioral Corporate Finance
• Financial Markets & Instruments
• Machine Learning
• Social Network Analytics
The most recent class of Santa Clara University’s Finance & Analytics students entered the program with around 3.25 years of professional work experience, GMAT average of 603, GRE average of 309, a 3.18 GPA, and was around 27-years old.
Tuition, Scholarships, and Financial Aid
Tuition for the Santa Clara Masters of Science in Finance & Analytics costs $1,318 per unit, with students completing a minimum of 36 units for the program. Most student loans are based on either financial need or creditworthiness and are available only to US citizens and permanent residents. Applicants are automatically considered for merit-based scholarships during the admissions process. Scholarship recipients are awarded at the time of admission. Scholarships awarded are conditioned upon a cumulative 3.3 GPA throughout the first academic year of enrollment.
Applicants to the Santa Clara Masters of Science in Finance & Analytics program must have completed a Baccalaureate degree or recognized qualifications equivalent to a degree.
To apply to the Finance & Analytics program, applicants must submit a completed application form, official transcripts from each institution attended (domestic degrees) or WES course-by-course (international degrees), personal statement, current résumé, and two letters of recommendation. Official GMAT scores or GRE scores must also be sent in by applicants, along with a $148 application fee. International students from non-native English-speaking countries must provide a recent TOEFL score in order to prove English fluency.